“Nano-week” & NanoCommons Final Conference
NanoCommons, in collaboration with the EU NanoSafety Cluster projects, organises the “Nano-week” and NanoCommons Final Conference, in Limassol, Cyprus.
The theme of the conference is “Evolution of Nanosafety and materials sustainability as we transition into Horizon Europe”.
The conference and associated events (e.g., Young NanoSafety Researchers event, Training events, EU-US CoRs meeting, NanoInChi meeting, NSC meeting) will take place between 20 – 24 June 2022.
We, as NanoFabNet, are also participating.
Topics and Themes
1. Safe-and-Sustainable-by-Design of (nano-enabled) products & processes
- Tools & Approaches for the Safe-and-Sustainable-by-Design of nano-enabled materials, products & processes
- Exposure assessment of anthropogenic nano-objects (e.g., emissions from 3D printing, brake pads & tyre wear, synthetic textiles etc. as well as emissions along nano-enabled product life cycles).
- Hazard assessment along the life cycle of nanomaterials and nano-enabled products
- Integrated approaches to testing and assessment – streamlining hazard information gathering
- Risk assessment and risk management solutions
- Life cycle assessment of nanomaterials and their production and products
- Implementing circularity in processes of nano-enabled production
2. New modelling methodologies and nanoinformatics approaches
- Biokinetics, systems biology & mechanistic insights for nanosafety (incl. single cell omics)
- Nanoinformatics & Predictive Modelling (both physics-based and data-driven models)
- High-throughput imaging, label-free methods, etc.
- Knowledge Graphs, Adverse Outcome Pathways, Integrated Approaches to Assessment & Testing
- Emerging digital platforms for data and modelling
3. Data Management – Databases – FAIR data
- Metadata approaches, including CHADA, and for models- MODA, QMRF
- Nanosafety data management processed & tools across the data lifecycle: from experiment to knowledge
- Database integration, sustainability, interoperability etc.
- Identifiers (e.g., Nano-extension to InChI, representation structures, etc.)
- Data quality assessment approaches
4. Nanomaterials go advanced – emerging challenges and foresight
- Characterisation of materials, and their transformations
- Categorisation & grouping of nanomaterials, including similarity assessment
- Emerging challenges for advanced materials
- Process Analytical Technologies (PATs) and Metrology
- Recovery and recycling approaches for nanomaterials and their components
5. Emerging “hot” topics in nanosafety
- Nanotechnology versus infectious diseases – the role of nanosafety (e.g., aerosol physics, nano-enabled detection, etc.)
- Agriculture and food production (e.g., mixtures, interactions with allergens, etc.)
- Aspects arising from polymer-based materials
- Dual Use of nanoinformatics tools
- Anything else relevant to advanced/nano materials that you would like to present but doesn’t fit in any of the listed topics!
For more information, please visit the event website: Nanoweek 2022 Cyprus – NanoCommons
Registration: NanoWeek 2022 Registration Page – NanoCommons