Open consultation on Metrology for Semiconductor Technologies
The event will be held online on MS Teams from 10-12 am. You will receive an MS Teams invitation a few days after your registration.
Please register for the event via the registration form >>
Deadline for registration is Thursday, 7 July 2022.
About the event
With the European Chips, Act the EU aims to strengthen its semiconductor ecosystem, increasing its resilience, ensuring supply and reducing external dependencies. Achieving this will require a thriving semiconductor sector in Europe, where the full value chain has the necessary tools, skills, and technological capabilities to meet its essential requirements.
These include the research, development, manufacturing, and packaging of advanced semiconductor devices, and the design and manufacturing of pioneering microprocessing equipment, as well as fit-for-purpose metrology for advanced nano- and microscale manufacturing.
Competitiveness and productivity in the semiconductor industry depend on the control of production processes by reliable metrology. Development of new devices, manufacturing processes, or manufacturing equipment requires new metrology, with often unprecedented repeatability, accuracy, and quality of measurement.
In this open consultation event EURAMET, the European Association of National Metrology Institutes, invites stakeholders to share their vision on future metrology needs for semiconductor technology.
These stakeholder needs will help to guide the development of future calls for joint research projects on ’Metrology for Industry’ within the European Partnership on Metrology, as well as helping to explore synergies with calls in other funding programmes, such as KDT-JU, with respect to the requirements of the European Chips Act.
The event aims to:
- Bring together stakeholders from industry & science and other interested parties and
- Assess the major needs of the European semiconductor value chain for new and improved measurement capabilities that might be addressed by the EURAMET community and within the European Partnership on Metrology.
Discussion topics will include:
- The role of EURAMET and KDT in the support of future measurement needs in the semiconductor manufacturing industry
- The role of traceable metrology in semiconductor manufacturing
- Characterisation of advanced materials used in semiconductor technologies
- Stakeholder needs related to metrology for semiconductor research and development
- Stakeholder needs related to metrology in/for manufacturing equipment
- Metrology concepts for the qualification of advanced semiconductor devices (e.g., integrated sensors)
The event’s aim is to initiate mutual consultation, coordination, and cooperation between the EURAMET community and the European semiconductor industry to better address the challenges defined in the European Chips Act.
For more information, please visit EURAMET’s website: Open consultation on Metrology for Semiconductor Technologies – Event Details – EURAMET